Gain an understanding about the mission of the Innovate UNCG and how it aims to create value through a digital entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Learn how community is crucial to support budding entrepreneurs, and how technology is making community-building more seamless than ever before.
Pick up some “lessons learned” to help them build a best-in-class community of practice for their purposes.
Key Highlights from the conversation
A few highlights of the conversation:
- David Wyrick explains that while Innovate UNCG aims to be a key service center for students and faculty by translating academic work into societal solutions.
- Innovate UNCG is launching an impact and innovation hub within each school or college to promote interdisciplinary efforts and accelerate initiatives.
- UNCG leverages technology tools to support impactful community building, including Participate for crucial outreach and community building.
- David emphasizes the differentiates between transactional courses on an LMS like Canvas and participatory professional development and microcredentialing through Participate's digital community of practice.
- Pro tip from David: Collaborate with Participate to design and build your community of practice with intention and purpose — to prioritize social learning and collaboration.
- Recognition and badging systems are increasingly important for acknowledging diverse activities and skills in a modern workforce. UNCG is excited about the integration of badging and stackable microcredentials within Participate.
Related Resources and Links
- Try Participate for free
- About Launch UNCG
- Downloadable Guide: Three Ways to Engage Lifelong Learners
- Downloadable Guide: Participate Guide to Communities of Practice
- Blog Post: 4 Keys to Impactful Workplace Learning
- Webinar Recording: Closing the Digital Divide Through the Power of Community
- Webinar Recording: Scaling Literacy Teaching and Learning in Missouri
- Webinar Recording: Dreaming, Doing and Driving a Community of Practice
- Community Conversations Workshop Series