Participate CLO Julie Keane talked with Krystal Rawls, PhD director of the California State University Dominguez Hills Workforce Integration Network (CSUDH WIN) about how they're using a Participate digital community of practice to support their ecosystem of learners, university and community partners through a grant-funded project to close the digital divide.
The live conversation took place Monday, September 11, 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EDT / 8:30-9:00 a.m. PST.
Through the Workforce Integration Network, Rawls collaborates across the university and into the community to empower first-generation and underrepresented learner-workers with an understanding of the relationships between their skills and opportunities for employment, community improvement and personal growth.
You will learn from this 30-minute conversation:
- About the CSUDH Workforce Integration Network mission to improve students’ workforce readiness through understanding workforce trends and skills gaps; integrating digital tools to support faculty; and collaborating across campus and within the community.
- The role of a digital community of practice approach in bridging the digital divide across first-generation and underrepresented learner-workers.
- The significance of open recognition and verifiable credentials to facilitate a skills-based economy and address social and economic equity gaps.
Related Resources and Links
- Join Participate Free Trial Waitlist
- About the $5.3 million grant through the National Telecommunication and Information Administration’s Connecting Minority Communities Pilot Program (CMC)
- Krystal and Julie presenting on the power of AI and LERs to democratize the workforce at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s July T3 Innovation Network meeting
- Downloadable Guide: Three Ways to Engage Lifelong Learners
- Downloadable Guide: Participate Guide to Communities of Practice
- Webinar Recording: Scaling Literacy Teaching and Learning in Missouri
- Webinar Recording: Dreaming, Doing and Driving a Community of Practice
- AAC&U Webinar: The AI Revolution