Participate CLO Julie Keane talked with Stephanie Pierotti, director of ShapingEDU at Arizona State University to learn how ShapingEDU is leveraging a digital community of practice to build teams, projects and sharable resources to advance their mission and impact their community across ASU and beyond.
The live conversation took place Monday, August 14, 12:30-1:00 p.m. EDT / 9:30-10:00 a.m. MST.
ShapingEDU at Arizona State University is a global community of 4K+ passionate and insightful educators, students, researchers, storytellers, edtech creators and education futurists dedicated to creating change so that lifelong learners may thrive in the digital age.
You will learn from this 30-minute conversation:
- About ShapingEDU’s vision to empower lifelong learners and educators to thrive, and the 5 Calls to Action that rally the ShapingEDU Community around issues facing education.
- Why a digital community of practice approach is the most effective model to maximize ShapingEDU’s impact across the university and beyond to engage other academic experts, nonprofit organizations and industry leaders.
- What to expect when building a Participate community of practice.
Related Resources and Links
- Form to join ShapingEDU mailing list and/or ShapingEDU Global Cafe community of practice
- Join Participate Free Trial Waitlist
- Downloadable Guide: Three Ways to Engage Lifelong Learners
- Downloadable Guide: Participate Guide to Communities of Practice
- NYC Department of Education Case Study
- Webinar Recording: Scaling Literacy Teaching and Learning in Missouri
- Learning Planet Alliance
- 2023 Badge Summit Highlights